Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Inflation rising exponentionally

Unfortunately I didn't manage to put my weekly outlook online. Today I also haven't found the time and it makes no sense to put it on in the middle of the week. So it stays with the gold outlook.

I hope that next Saturday/Sunday I can do it again.

As constellation I have found a graph made a few weeks ago showing you how our government with the help of the central banks are actually killing our currencies. It is a kind of a gold index. I took the price of Gold in February 2002 and normalized it to 100. This factor was then applied to the gold graph.

When you take gold as the only stable currency in the world, this would show the relative inflation factor of the currencies among each other. You can clearly see that the Australian dollar suffered the least from inflation against gold.

You can also see that the euro, the whole world seems to bash nowadays, does actually quite well. From the majors only AUD, JPY, NZD and CHF are doing better, leaving EUR in the middle of the leaugue (JPY, NZD and CHF are not shown).

I must admit that the graph is a little bit exaggerated due to the fact that there is also a bit of 'gold rush' going on, meaning that the price of gold might be a little overvalued (when that would be possible).


Judge for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment